Sunday, December 1, 2013

The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

"Moral allegory and spiritual autobiography, The Little Prince is the most translated book in the French language. With a timeless charm it tells the story of a little boy who leaves the safety of his own tiny planet to travel the universe, learning the vagaries of adult behaviour through a series of extraordinary encounters. His personal odyssey culminates in a voyage to Earth and further adventures."

This book has been on my to-read list for a ridiculously long amount of time. Given that, once procured, it took me roughly an hour to get through it, I figure I could have gotten to this one a while ago (in my defense, I've been on a small brink of insanity for the last month or so). Anyway, I'm aware this is a children's book, but seeing as it made a heck of a lot more excellent points, and sense, than most adult books, I don't care a bit. This was only 90 pages or so, very short and very concise, and presented a brilliantly simple look at humanity and philosophy and value. I could probably find a quote of deep and deceptively simple meaning on every page. The book was enjoyable to read, easy to read again, and interesting to think about; I have no complaints whatsoever. Everyone should take the time to read this; it's ridiculously short and extremely powerful. It's at Kettleson, Sitka High, Blatchley, and Keet.

No comments:

Post a Comment