Sunday, May 26, 2013

What's Left of Me by Kat Zhang

"I should not exist. But I do.

Eva and Addie started out the same way as everyone else—two souls woven together in one body, taking turns controlling their movements as they learned how to walk, how to sing, how to dance. But as they grew, so did the worried whispers. Why aren’t they settling? Why isn’t one of them fading? The doctors ran tests, the neighbors shied away, and their parents begged for more time. Finally Addie was pronounced healthy and Eva was declared gone. Except, she wasn’t . . .

For the past three years, Eva has clung to the remnants of her life. Only Addie knows she’s still there, trapped inside their body. Then one day, they discover there may be a way for Eva to move again. The risks are unimaginable-hybrids are considered a threat to society, so if they are caught, Addie and Eva will be locked away with the others. And yet . . . for a chance to smile, to twirl, to speak, Eva will do anything."

This one gets two thumbs up. I've been getting kinda bored with some books lately, and the main reason is that they seem to all have pretty much the same plot. This one was different and interesting, and really likable. I got really into it, it was one of the more enjoyable books in a while. Character setup and development was good, and, like I said, it got me hooked and rooting for the characters. I think, overall, the best part was the original concept. It was so new that it made the book really captivating. It reminds me a little of maybe one other book, but I can't put my finger on it so I'll just let that go. Anyway, ignore my rambling. Go check it out at Kettleson! I really recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment