Sunday, January 6, 2013

Finding Somewhere by Joseph Monninger

"Two girls: Best friends Hattie and Delores feel that life in their small New Hampshire town is a dead end.

One horse: Old and about to be put down, Speed gets a reprieve when Hattie and Delores decide to save him.

A road trip: Determined to set Speed free, Hattie and Delores drive him west in search of rangeland. But the road takes some unexpected turns as the girls get their own taste of freedom—and as they confront the reasons they left home."


Okay, I didn't totally love this one as much as I originally figured. It honestly wasn't bad, it was just a little too simple and laid-back for what I was looking for in a book. In the right setting, or for the right person, it could be really good. It gave a very calm and "country" feel, especially with the horse element. The two main characters were unique and strong, which I liked--if, like I said, a little country-ized. The images and the descriptions did a good job of giving you the feeling that you were sitting right next to the girls, whether they were riding along the highway or astride the backs of horses. I think it'd work best on a really lazy day, and especially horse lovers should definitely read it. It just wasn't what I was looking for right now. You should decide for yourself; it's at  Kettleson.

No comments:

Post a Comment