Saturday, November 24, 2012

An Abundance of Katherines by John Green

"When it comes to relationships, Colin Singleton's type is girls named Katherine. And when it comes to girls named Katherine, Colin is always getting dumped. Nineteen times, to be exact. On a road trip miles from home, this anagram happy, washed-up child prodigy has ten thousand dollars in his pocket, bloodthirsty feral hog on his trail, and an overweight, Judge Judy-obsessed best friend riding shotgun--but no Katherines. Colin is on a mission to prove The Theorem of Underlying Katherine Predictability, which will predict the future of any relationship, avenge dumpees everywhere, and may finally win him the girl." 

This is the first book in a long time that I couldn't put down. I read it in the space of approximately 21 hours, and REALLY loved it. It had me laughing aloud pretty much every five minutes. I think it'll appeal especially to the math nerds, though that's definitely not the only type of person who'd like it. I loved every character, and each one was really unique. It mostly takes place in the country in Tennessee. Even though I'm usually not one to read the southern, rural settings often, this totally didn't count. It was like simultaneously a stereotype and a parody of itself, I loved it. So, in parting, READ THE BOOK. I promise you, you'll thank me later. You can get it at Kettleson or SHS.

No comments:

Post a Comment