Saturday, September 22, 2012

Wherever Nina Lies by Lynn Weingarten

Nina was beautiful, artistic, wild...and adored by her younger sister, Ellie. But one day, without any warning, Nina disappeared.
Two years later, Ellie can't stop thinking about her sister. Although everyone else has given up hope that Nina will return, Ellie just knows her sister is out there, somewhere. If only Ellie had a clue where to look.
And then she gets one, in the form of a mysterious drawing tucked into the pages of a book. Determined to find her sister, Ellie takes off on a crazy, sexy, cross-country road trip with the only person who believes she's got a chance--her hot, adventurous new crush.
Along the way, Ellie finds a few things she wasn't planning on. Like love. Mysteries. Lies. And something far more shocking...the truth.
This was an unexpectedly good book. When I picked it up I wasn't quite sure what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised the whole way through, because it was actually really good. It was full of twists and turns, and I'll give great props to the author for keeping me in suspense and for plot twists that I didn't see coming. The characters were funny at times and interesting and complex and magnetic. I could easily find myself reading this again (after I've forgotten the twists, that is). It was a perfect mix of a suspenseful mystery and one of those road trip novels. I highly recommend. You can find it at Kettleson. Warning: high school maturity level or above.

No comments:

Post a Comment